From Sea to Shining Sea
If you want to dedicate your vacation to Travel USA,
You will find here a few suggestions. No matter where you come from, the United
States has a lot to offer to the tourists.
Those Americans from one coast enjoy
traveling to the other side and vice versa. Canadians and Mexicans, the US
neighbors come to the USA just for the fun of it.
And world tourists from every
corner enjoy visiting America, the example of civilization, modernity and
Please visit our page on USA Beaches
Carlsbad Caverns in the State of New Mexico, USA
United States National Parks
When you think of tourism in the United States, the
national Parks come to mind. For years America has developed its treasures
given by nature into impressive national Parks. Among them are:
- Carlsbad Caverns, located in the State of New Mexico
has 117 caves. The longest is 120 miles long, about 160 km. There is a place
called the Big Room 4,000 feet long, about 1,200 meters. Many species roam
inside the caves, among them about half a million Mexican bats. Above ground
are the Rattlesnake Springs and the Chihuahua Desert.
- Acadia is located in Mount Desert Island in the State
of Maine; it preserves the tallest mountains on the Atlantic Ocean coast, the
granite peaks, woodlands and lakes.
- Arches Park in Utah features more than 2,000 natural
sandstone arches. Millions of years of
erosion in such a climate have created these structures. The most known is the
Glacier Bay in the northern state of Alaska, USA
- Glacier Bay in the State of Alaska has numerous tidewater
glaciers, mountains, and fjords. This place was discovered in 1794 and was
covered by ice in its entirety. Since then waters have receded and you may find
there grizzly bears, mountain goats, whales, seals, and eagles.
- Dry Tortugas is located on the west side of the
Florida Keys at Fort Jefferson, the largest masonry structure in the Western
Hemisphere. With most of the park being water, it is the home of coral reefs
and shipwrecks and is only accessible by plane or boat.
- The Great Smokey Mountains in North Carolina and Tennessee
are part of the Appalachian Mountains. It is a like a museum of natural life
with 500 vertebrate species and 5,000 plants and tree species. The main
attractions here are hiking, horseback riding and visiting the historic
Please Click here to Share your Story
Hawaii Volcanoes Park on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Hawaii Volcanoes Park is located on the Big
island of Hawaii, the Kilauea and Mauna Loa volcanoes are among the most
actives of the world.
- Redwood Park in California is home of the
tallest trees on Earth, the remaining Coastal Redwoods. There are three rivers
in this seismically active area. This is a great example of preservation of the
ecosystems with its animals and plant species.
- Yellowstone is located in the States of
Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. It features vast geothermal areas such as hot springs and geysers, the
best known being Old Faithful and Grand Prismatic Spring. The Yellowstone River
has numerous waterfalls, and four mountain ranges run through the park.
- Yosemite, located in California, has towering cliffs,
waterfalls, and sequoias .Half Dome and El Capitan rise from the central
glacier that formed Yosemite Valley; three Giant Sequoia groves and vast wilderness
are home to diverse wildlife
Caladesi Island is one of Florida's best beaches
Best Beaches in the USA
The best beaches of the United States are
mainly on Florida and the East Coast, the Gulf of Mexico and the West Coast. And, of course, Hawaii.
Here I mention a few.
- Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin, Florida
- Cape Florida State Park, Key Biscayne, Florida
- Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks, North Carolina
- Coopers Beach, Southampton, New York
- Coronado Beach, San Diego,
- Fort Desoto Park's North Beach, St Petersburg, Florida
- Hanalei Bay, Kauai, Hawaii
- Hanauma Bay, Hawaii
- Kailua Beach Park, Hawaii
- Kapalua, Hawaii
- Lanikai Beach, Hawaii
- Main Beach, East Hampton, New York
- Poipu Beach Park, Hawaii
- Siesta Beach, Sarasota, Florida
- Wailea, Hawaii
For information on Best Beaches in the USA click here:
Mount Rushmore Monument in South Dakota, USA
A country with so many years of history sure has
monuments to honor its heroes and the important events that helped create the
- Mount Rushmore in South Dakota is a sculpture carved
on the granite face of the mountain honoring the former Us Presidents George
Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodor Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.
- USS Arizona Memorial, located in Pearl Harbor in
Honolulu Hawaii, is the final resting place of the more than 1,100 sailors
killed on the USS Arizona of the Attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
- The Liberty Bell stands on display in the Independence
Hall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is an iconic symbol of American
The Washington Monument in Washington DC, USA
- The Washington Monument was built in honor of George
Washington, who led the country to Independence and was the First President of
the United States. It is the number one
attraction in Washington DC.
- The Jefferson Memorial in Washington DC is dedicated
to one of America’s founding fathers and third President of the United States.
- The Lincoln Memorial, located on the National Mall of
Washington DC was built to honor Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President
of the United States.
- The Marine Corps Memorial War Memorial, also called
the Iwo Jima Memorial, located outside Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington
Virginia, is a military memorial statue dedicated to all personnel of the
United States Marine Corps who have died in the defense of their country since
Gateway Arch in St Louis Missouri, USA
- The Gateway Arch or Gateway to the West, in St Louis
Missouri was built as a monument to the West of the Mississippi expansion of
the United States.
- The San Jacinto Monument, located on the Houston Ship
Channel in Harris County, Texas near the city of La Porte, commemorates the
Battle of San Jacinto, the decisive battle of the Texas Revolution
- Soldiers and Sailors Monument in Indianapolis, Indiana
is a tall neoclassical monument in the center of town.
Golden Bridge in San Francisco California, USA
There are many Landmarks in America. People that
haven’t been in America know them by heart. We recognize as landmarks the
- Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California
- Hoover Dam in Arizona and Nevada
- Hollywood sign in Greater Los Angeles, California
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Statue of Liberty in New York City, New York
- Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Las Vegas Strip in Las Vegas,
- Disney World near Orlando, Central Florida
- Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco, California
- Niagara Falls near Buffalo, New York
New York is the # 1 destination in the USA
Top US Travel Destinations
The main destinations for Travel USA are the following
in no particular order. They are all spectacular places to visit and enjoy with
your family, your spouse of your friends.
- New York, New York
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Miami, Florida
- Chicago, Illinois
- San Antonio, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Los Angeles, California
- San Francisco, California
- San Diego, California
I hope I gave you an idea of the possibilities
available for Travel USA. America welcomes you with open arms.
images for travel usa
hawaii volcano n/a
carlsbad daniel mayer
all courtesy of wikimedia commons
From Travel USA go to American Weekend Getaways
Go to American Landmarks
Go to Miami Tourism
Go to New York Tourism
Go to Top American Vacations
Go to United States National Parks
Go to Countries Insider Home Page
Copyright Countries Insider 2012 - 2017